The Beautiful Wedding
By Julie Hart Conde
My passion is bringing peace, joy and beauty into people’s lives. I especially enjoy doing this for brides and grooms, who often find it overwhelming when planning their wedding.
If the multitude of details involved in planning your wedding is starting to get you stressed, below are 8 ways to keep you at peace as you plan one of the most important days in your life.
1. Breathe: When things start to get overwhelming, breathe deep, take a look at your options and focus on the most pressing one.
2. Focus: Keep a notebook near you or use your notebook app to jot down the myriad of thoughts that distract you from the task at hand. This will help you to focus and give you reassurance that you won’t be forgetting something important.
3. Hit List: While the long list of details can be overwhelming, the key is to break your list down into smaller bites. Find a wedding timeline online and use that to break down your list into separate monthly plans. Then focus on just one month at a time.
4. Stress Reducer: If you find yourself getting stressed, talk with a friend or call your wedding planner. It’s great to get a different perspective and encouragement from those who love you and those who have the expertise.
5. Positivity: Surround yourself with positive people. Similar to the point above, keep focused on the positive and the possibilities. Look to your future and keep people around you who want your true happiness.
6. Vendors: When considering working with any vendor, read their contract thoroughly. Make note of the specifics and ask questions if anything isn’t clear. If something doesn’t fit in with what you originally had in mind, decide now if it is a deal breaker or if you are willing to compromise.
7. Possibilities: You don’t have to do a wedding a specific way, anything is possible. This day should be all about the two of you coming together and your guests should leave feeling like they saw who you are and what you like.
8. Wedding Style: Pinterest is a great tool that can help define your style. Once you have pinned a set of pictures that you love of the various elements of your wedding, look for common themes among your selections. Next, pick 3 to 5 words that describe your style. Moving forward, if you have a question about whether something is right for your wedding, you can go back to these words and decide if it fits in.
Remember, at the end of the day you will be married to the one that you love and the one who loves you: deeply, completely and unconditionally. No matter what elements you put into your day … take joy in this and savor the moments that bring you the most joy during the planning process.